Men’s RulesViews: 3042
Men’s Ultimate Fitness Challenge
This event is a TWO PART challenge: 1) Men’s Obstacle Course Challenge (MOCC) and 2) Fitness Skills Challenge.
- Men’s Obstacle Course Challenge: This is a 160 yard course which has the following obstacles: 10 foot wall, 15 foot running grid, 24 foot incline-decline monkey bars, 12 foot balance beam, 15 foot cargo net, shuttle run, (3) 30 inch hurdles, 20 inch steeple chase jump, 36 inch under bar, and 40 inch over bar. Penalties are assessed for not negotiating the obstacles. The event is based on time but calculated into a formula thus putting it into a score based on a 10 point scoring system. For example: Runner runs 55 .2 seconds on the course but runs around a hurdle, there is a 2 second penalty added thus making the time 57.2 seconds. The score is put into the following formula: 200 minus (-) 57.2 equals (=) 142.8 seconds. 142.8 seconds is divided by 15.85 which equals (=) 9.009 (final score)
2) Fitness Skills: 1) Box Jumps; 2) Bench Press; 3) Shuttle Run.
1) Box Jumps – 50 jumps on a 20 inch box are timed. The flooring is either a cheer leading floor or firm panel mat which is placed in front of the box. Thus, the jump is 18 ½ inches. Two footed jumps must be made for at least 20 of the jumps (both feet leaving ground and both feet hitting the top of the box simultaneously. For competitors 45 and older stepping is allowed but the feet must hit simultaneously (no crossing of feet in the air). The time is put into a formula and this makes up one third of the Fitness Skills score.
2) Bench Press – An Olympic bar is used with a chest pad attached. The athlete will bench press 80 % of his bodyweight to the closest five pounds. The pad must touch the athletes chest and arms must extend. Scoring starts at a 5.0 with each repetition counting as a tenth (.1). For example if a athlete bench presses 39 repetitions their score would be 8.9 (5.0 plus 3.9).
3) Shuttle Run – 10 Bean Bags are placed 20 feet from a riser. The bag can not be thrown from more then 5 feet from the riser. When a bag is missed, it must be placed or attempted to be placed in the riser the next time. If the last bag is missed a 2 second penalty is added. The score based on time is put into a formula making up one third of the Fitness Skills.
The sum of both events makes up the overall champion but award are also given to individual winners!